Saturday 23 November 2013

News Update: Will Winona Ryder return for Beetlejuice 2?

More good news for Beetlejuice fans - well, only if you're excited about this sequel - but it appears Winona Ryder is very interested in returning to the character of Lydia. 

Without revealing too much detail, in discussion with The Daily Beastshe explained...

"I'm kind of sworn to secrecy... but it sounds like it might be happening. It's not a remake. It's 27 years later. And I have to say, I love Lydia so much. She was a huge part of me. I would be really interested in what she was doing 27 years later". 

Her reunion with the rest of the original cast and crew is of great importance to her however...

"It's a very precious movie to people, so there are a lot of people like 'DON'T'...I would never go near [a sequel] if it was not Tim and Michael. Because those guys, I love". 

As ever nothing is official, but Ryder's involvement would certainly garner a welcomed sense of fidelity. 

Stay tuned for more Beetlejuice 2 updates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment